The developed course is suitable for you even if you have no background in power system. The first part of the course is devoted to general optimization problems in GAMS.
General GAMS coding
In this course you will learn how to use GAMS for solving power system optimizationproblems.
- First of all you will learn how to install GAMS on your machine.
- What is optimization ? What is the objective function ? What is the constraint ?
- You understand the meaning of different errors and the way you should debug them
- How to read/write from/to an Excel file
- Multi-Objective optimization in GAMS
- Conditional statements
- Loop expressions
Power system GAMS coding
In this course you will learn how to use GAMS for solving
- Economic dispatch problem
- Dynamic economic dispatch
- DC Optimal power flow (OPF)
- AC Optimal power flow (OPF)
- Security Constrained DC-OPF (N-1)
- Unit commitment
- Energy storage systems scheduling
- PMU allocation