This course will help you understand an important component of the marketing mix, namely, the channel of distribution or placing.
This “P” of marketing is considered crucial because no matter how good the “product” is, how impressive the “promotion” is, how acceptable the “price” is, but if the producer/company fails to “place” or “distribute” the product, everything comes back to zero.
Many important topics are covered in this course, starting from the definition of the channel of distribution to higher-level topics like “vertical marketing system”. Some of the topics that you will learn are:
· Definition of the channel of distribution
· Types of the channels of distribution
· Functions of the distribution channels
· How to choose a channel?
· How do channel members add value or the channel members value addition process?
· What is channel conflict? Or Understanding the reasons behind channel conflict
· What is the difference between a conventional channel of distribution and a contemporary channel of distribution?
· What is vertical marketing systems (VMS)?
· What are the different types of vertical marketing systems (VMS)?
· Understanding disintermediation
Enrolling in this course will help you understand some of the basic concepts related to distribution, which will eventually help you “deliver value” to the customers, ultimately, ensuring profits.
See you inside.