What you’ll learn
Explain the differences between personal finance and corporate finance
Set personal financial goals for different points in the life cycle, circumstances, and personal preferences
Describe time value of money concepts
Calculate future value using multiple methods
Calculate present value using multiple methods
Describe money managing skills
Compile personal financial statements including a balance sheet and income statement
Create a budget
Create a budget vs actual report
Calculate & analyze common personal financial ratios
This course will cover personal finance concepts, starting from the basics, and moving to complex topics. We will cover each step thoroughly.
We will include many example problems, both in the format of presentations and Excel worksheet problems. The Excel worksheet presentations will include a downloadable Excel workbook with at least two tabs, one with the answer, the second with a preformatted worksheet that can be completed in a step-by-step process along with the instructional videos.
Learners will understand the similarities and differenced between personal finance and business finance. We will discuss how to set personal financial goals, taking into consideration the life cycle and specific life situations and preferences.
The course will discuss the differences and overlap in fields necessary to make effective personal financial plans including economics, accounting, and finance.
We will also learn about the concept of time value of money, being able to perform present value and future value calculations and know when such calculations are necessary. Time value of money concepts are some of the most difficult concepts to fully grasp, but they are required when making decisions that will impact future periods like retirement savings decisions. We will go into time value of money concepts early in the course, so we have them ready whenever needed as we move forward in the course.
Learners will also learn about money managing skills, skills related to accounting, compiling financial data into financial reports, and using those reports to construct budgets.
Who this course is for:
- Business students
- Business professionals
- Presentations – Personal Finance Core Concepts
- Practice Probs. – Personal Finance Core Concepts
- Excel Probs. – Personal Finance Core Concepts
- Presentations – Money Management, Financial Statements, & Budgets
- Practice Probs. – Money Management, Financial Statements, & Budgets
- Excel Probs. – Money Management, Financial Statements, & Budgets
- Presentations – Financial Services, Financial Institutions, & Savings Plans
- Presentations – Financial Services, Financial Institutions, Bank Reconciliations
- Practice Probs. Financial Services, Financial Institutions, Bank Reconciliations
- Excel Probs. – Financial Services, Financial Institutions, Bank Reconciliations