What you’ll learn
Basics of Chess Endgames
The power of minor pieces and the King in endgames
How to win and draw positions that seem lost in the endgames
Holding onto a draw in difficult endgame positions
Hi and welcome to this course. I’m super excited to be here teaching you all about Chess endgames. Now, why a course about Chess endgames?
Most people view chess endgames as boring but a necessary evil. However, I have tried to make this course as fun as possible and have only covered the necessary parts that a beginner requires.
Remember that many beginners don’t even reach the endgame phase, but those that do reach have shockingly less knowledge of the endgame and draw or even lose positions that should be won or fail to draw positions that are clearly drawn. The aim of this course is to prevent those mis-steps from happening.
A quick introduction to myself – I’m a FIDE rated player and have several years of experience teaching beginners all about chess. More than that, I have several course in Udemy that are tailored towards beginners and this course draws from the experience that I have gained from what works best for beginners on this course.
Will learning the endgame techniques in this course dramatically improve your rating? Probably not, but the solid understanding that you gain with these endgames will help you sustain your rating and as with any other skill, chess is a matter of theory and practice. So the more games you play and the more chances you have to apply what you learn in this course, the better you will become as a player.
Who this course is for:
- Unrated to 1600 rated players who are looking to sharpen their endgame skills
- Chess students who have never learnt anything about endgames
- Intermediate players learning to add endgame skills to their arsenal
- Basic endgames for complete beginners (Unrated)
- Section 3 – Endgames for Beginner Plus Players (Rating 1000 – 1199)
- Section 4 – Endgame for Intermediate Players (Rating 1200 to 1399)
- Endgames for Intermediate Plus Players (Rating 1400 to 1599) – Part 1
- Endgames for Intermediate Plus Players (Rating 1400 to 1599) – Part 2
- Section 7 – Closing and Next steps