What you’ll learn
Learn how to write clear and concise User Stories and Acceptance Criteria for both Agile and non-Agile projects
Learn various techniques to split User Stories into bite-sized pieces so they can be completed efficiently
Master the use of INVEST to increase the effectiveness of your User Stories
Explore the use of User Roles and Personas to bring your User Stories to life
Learn how to create User Story Maps to visualize the user needs and plan for product releases
Explore fun, interactive, and highly effective lessons and activities from three best-selling instructors
Enhance your productivity and project success by putting your customer’s needs front and center with powerful Agile User Stories.
Understanding the needs of users is one of the key components for any project. But there are some choices in how you gather those needs and how you document them. One very popular and trending technique, especially for Agile projects, is to utilize User Stories.
A User Story is a short, simple description of a feature told from the perspective of the end-user. And while these stories are short, they are very impactful. In fact, those one to two sentences provide the context for a series of conversations to fully define the desired functionality.
This course is designed to take you from novice to User Story expert. We’ll break down all of the best practices including User Story format, writing Acceptance Criteria, handling common challenges, splitting User Stories, User Story Mapping, and much more.
Whether you have worked with User Stories for years or you’ve never heard of them until now, this is the perfect course for you.
What’s included in the course?
– High-Quality Video Lectures break down everything you need to know to become an expert in writing, splitting, and mapping User Stories and how to write straight-forward Acceptance Criteria
– Downloadable Handouts help you to enhance your understanding and retention of the key concepts
– Quizzes and Activities validate your learning and help to point out areas that should be reviewed for full comprehension
– 1-on-1 Support means that any confusion or questions you have can be addressed and cleared up easily (no more frantically googling trying to figure out what your course instructor means).
– Lifetime Access with NO Expiration so you can learn at your own pace, and come back at any time you feel unsure or are in need of a refresher
Let’s hear from some students that have already taken this course:
“Very straight forward and jam-packed with useful information with regards to user stories! Examples, videos, and layout make this course that much more worth it.” – Diego
“Great course! Content was told a good pace and was easy to understand. The real world examples also added an extra depth to different topics, giving a lot of the definitions, discussions, and descriptions context.” – Zachary
Haven’t made up your mind yet?
And if you’re not sure – here’s my promise to you:
This course comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee! That means, if you aren’t completely satisfied with your purchase, I’ll give you a refund – no questions asked!
Let’s hear from some more students:
“I am making a career transition to becoming a scrum master. I’ve heard of user stories but never knew what they were all about. This course is great for beginners like or anyone who has an interest. The instructors do a wonderful job of breaking the concepts down, and providing examples to tie everything together.” – Romier
“Amazing course again from the ba guide team. High Quality audios and videos i would recommend this course for anyone wants to know more about user stories” – Abdirahman
By the end of this course, you will have a deep practical understanding of exactly what User Stories are and how they can be used effectively to generate happy customers!
Enroll today and we look forward to seeing you in the classroom!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to gain a deeper and practical understanding of User Stories and Acceptance Criteria
- Current Agile team members looking to deepen their understanding of the User Stories and best practices
- Those interested in working within an Agile team – such as aspiring Business Analysts, Project Managers, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Quality Assurance, and similar.
- Current non-Agile team members whose organization is considering the move to utilize user perspective requirements in their projects
- Welcome to the Course!
- Recap of Agile
- Introducing User Stories
- Acceptance Criteria
- Write Better Stories with INVEST
- Non-User Stories
- Splitting User Stories
- Common Challenges
- User Story Mapping