What you’ll learn
Understand the interplay between public policy, political economy, and institutions in shaping government decisions and societal outcomes.
Analyze economic theories’ impact on policy-making, considering globalization, trade dynamics, and their practical applications.
Evaluate the effects of income distribution, welfare measures, and environmental policies on societal well-being and sustainability.
Examine healthcare, social services, fiscal strategies, and budgeting within the framework of government policy and resource allocation.
Explore the dynamics of regulation, deregulation, market competition, and address modern challenges through case studies and real-world issues.
Master Course in Public Policy & Political Economy 3.0
Mastering the Intersection: Unveiling the Power of Public Policy & Political Economy
In an increasingly interconnected world where policy decisions can reshape economies and societies, the significance of mastering public policy and political economy cannot be overstated. A Master’s course in Public Policy & Political Economy offers a unique opportunity for individuals to delve into the intricate realm of policymaking, economic dynamics, and their entwined impact on our global landscape. In this master course, we’ll explore the nuances of such a program, its potential benefits, and the exciting avenues it opens for aspiring change-makers.
This course explores the intricate relationship between public policy and political economy, examining how government decisions impact economic outcomes and how economic forces influence policy formulation. Students will analyze the theoretical foundations, historical contexts, and practical applications of public policy in the realm of political economy, developing a nuanced understanding of the dynamics that shape societies and economies.
A Master’s course in Public Policy & Political Economy is a transformative journey that equips individuals with the tools to shape the future of societies and economies. By understanding the intricate interplay between policy decisions and economic dynamics, graduates of this program become catalysts for positive change, influencing policy landscapes and fostering sustainable development on a global scale. Whether your aspirations lie in the realm of governance, economics, or beyond, embarking on this educational path can pave the way for a fulfilling and impactful career.
Course Objectives: By the end of the course, students should be able to:
1. Understand the fundamental concepts of public policy and political economy.
2. Analyze the interaction between government policies and economic outcomes.
3. Evaluate the role of political institutions, interest groups, and public opinion in shaping policy decisions.
4. Critically assess the impact of globalization and international relations on domestic policy choices.
5. Apply economic theories to real-world policy issues and dilemmas.
6. Develop skills in policy analysis, formulation, and recommendation.
7. Engage in informed discussions on current political and economic challenges.
In this master course, I would like to teach the 5 major topics:
1. Introduction to Public Policy & Political Economy, Political Institutions and Policy-Making
2. Economic Theories and Policy Implications, Globalization, Trade, and Policy
3. Income Distribution and Welfare Policies, Environmental Policy and Sustainability
4. Healthcare and Social Services, Fiscal Policy and Government Budgeting
5. Regulation, Deregulation, and Market Competition, Case Studies and Contemporary Issues
Enroll now and learn today and thank you once again !
Who this course is for:
- All UG and PG Business & Economics students, Public policy and Political economy degree students
- Interested students to learn about the concepts of Public Policy, Political Economy & Economic development